The New Moon tonight- January 24, 2020- will be when Aquarius is squaring Uranus. This creates tensions as Uranus is considered rebellious and progressive. Currently in Taurus, Uranus squaring the moon can make us feel an intense need for freedom as a society and give us a sense of urgency possibly making us act too quickly.
New Moon Meanings
A New Moon occurs once a month, and is sometimes referred to as the “Dark Moon” because the moon is not visible to the eye right now. This is a time when the Sun
is conjunct the Moon, which gives us a burst of energy and a want to start new things.
New Moons are great for setting intentions and looking at new ways to take the next step towards your Highest Self. You may question old habits, behaviors and beliefs that no longer serve you.
New Moon in Aquarius
So if New Moons symbolize a fresh start.. and Aquarius symbolizes progress, modernization, technology, innovation, upgrades and change.. We are looking at a time of new ideas and progress to move forward. Aquarius is very focused on the collective and less about self. This New Moon can bring about some changes in how society as a whole starts to view things.
One way that you can use this energy is to see how you can change yourself and release old habits to be able to help the collective raise the vibration of the Earth.
The old ways need to be released in order to make space to allow new things to take hold.
New Moon January 2020 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles, January 24 at 3:41 pm
- New York, January 24 at 4:41 pm
- London, January 24 at 9:41 pm
- Delhi, January 25 at 3:11 am
- Sydney, January 25 at 8:41 am
Tarot Spread for New Moon in Aquarius
This spread is about digging deep to see what old beliefs and patterns that you need to work to release as well as seeing what the “real you”- you Highest Self- looks like and how the world and your life would change if you were to truly step into that self and show up as him/her EVERY. DAMN. DAY. No more hiding who you are to please other people. No more fear of being too much.. anything. Just being you.
Aquarius is about changing the collective energy- but you can’t help others to raise their energy if you are still existing in the lower vibrations yourself.
- What are your current personal beliefs that are no longer serving you
- How can you change or release these beliefs to be able to step closer to your Highest Self
- What does the “current me” look like? How am I showing up in the world?
- What does the “real me”, the self that you hide from the world look like?
- How can I show up as the “real me” more often?
- If I continue to release limiting beliefs and show up as my “real self” more often, how would life change?
I hope this spread will help you to see some things in yourself that you can work on this New Moon cycle that will help you take one more step- even just a baby step towards being your Highest Self.
Check Out Some Other Tarot Spreads:
Solar Eclipse Tarot Spreads