The moon is seen as powerful feminine energy, or yin energy. It represents our innermost emotions and our connection to our inner self.
This energy aligns with darkness and the flow of water. It shows us those feelings that are hidden.
When I think about the Moon, I think about the High Priestess tarot card. She is sitting in front of a body of water that is shrouded by a veil.
This body of water symbolizes our inner self. The part that we keep hidden from the world.
The moon is this part of us. The part that observes in contrast to to the sun which takes action.
The moon exerts a strong gravitational pull that effects many aspects of our divine feminine self. If you are interested in learning how to learn to align your life with the moon, you can check out the post that I wrote on it here.
Full Moon Focus
During the Full Moon, the energy of the moon is at it’s peak. This brings us the energy that we need to move forward with the intentions that were set during the New Moon.
A Full Moon is a great time to recharge yourself with some self care rituals and make some moon water while your at it.
Ways to Recharge During a Full Moon:
- Charge yourself using last month’s moon water (if you still have some left). If not, it’s a great time to make some more.
- Connect with your highest self using a Crown Chakra meditation.
- Take a ritual bath
- Leave your crystals and tarot cards out in the moon light.
- Meditate on the journey of The Fool in tarot. Embrace how he looks to the sky, knowing that he can overcome any challenges.
Tarot Spread for the Full Moon
1. Current Self Where are you currently? What are your feeling, moods etc?
2. Hidden Messages What needs to be seen that is not seen?
3. Release What energy needs to be released that is no longer serving you?
4. Invite What energy do you need to bring into yourself to meet your goals?
5. Adjust How can you adjust your thinking to move forward?
Use this spread to see where you are at and what intentions that you should set for the second half of the moon’s cycle.
The Full Moon is a great time to see where you are at with the intentions that you set with the New Moon and make any adjustments that need to be made to meet your goals or intentions.